Desmos utilizes surplus products and services to meet the basic needs of vulnerable groups and individuals.
Our ultimate aim is to make the donation process as easy and efficient as possible for the donor to be able to respond to emergency needs of vulnerable groups and their representatives (organizations, institutions, social institutions, etc.) with the goal to create sustainable co-dependency networks between donors and recipients.
With a phone call or an email to Desmos, communicate the offer or your need, you are entering a dynamic network.
Key characteristics of Desmos' activity:
- Constant communication with social welfare organizations in Athens and Thessaloniki, in order to document and regularly update immediate and longer term needs (Research).
- The location and active securing of all types of surplus in goods and in services to help address humanitarian and social needs.
- Food (packaged, long)
- Personal Hygiene Items
- Cleaning Supplies
- Medicine & medical products
- Linen / Sheets / Towels / Bedding
- Household / Electric utensils
- Office / Art supplies
- Then we coordinate the collection and distribution of these goods to accredited destinations.
- We ensure maximum utilisation of the donations by making sure that the goods go to those who need them the most.
- Promote Desmos and its service while raising awareness for social solidarity and waste reduction.
Desmos is founded on the basic principles:
- Of waste reduction & reuse of materials for humanitarian causes
- Of social solidarity
- Of personal, social and corporate social responsibility
Design and implementation of programs
Desmos designs and implements programs arising from financial donations by individuals, companies and charitable financial institutions aim to meet the needs of vulnerable groups.
In order to be able to sustainably run our programs, we need to cater for implementation costs, which are determined, on a case by case basis, when we have finalised each collaboration and project. Indicatively, these costs are for: research and update of needs, proposal compilation, implementation follow up, payments, finacial reports, final report to the donor.
After removing the applied 0.5% donation tax, the administration costs are between 5% -12% of the amount of the donation, when this is over 3,000 euros. For up to 3,000 euros donations, we just substract the 0.5% donation tax and there are no administration costs.
In any case, will and applied practice of Desmos, is to use the maximum individual donation to meet the needs of organizations and with this in mind we try to meet the requirements of the programs we implement.