A significant part of our work is based on our untiring volunteers who donate their time either individually or collectively in groups of friends, fellow students or co-workers as part of Corporate Social Responsibility projects!
Here are some ideas of how you could volunteer for Desmos:
- Administrative services
- Data input for statistics and Desmos databases
- Help with collecting and distributing goods (often heavy manual work)
- Help in weekly delivery preparations at the Desmos storage facilities
- Help with Desmos storage maintenance, sorting of goods and donations records at the Desmos storage
- Donations in printing services, online advertising etc.
The basic principles of volunteering in every form can be summarized as the following:
- Volunteering benefits the community and the volunteer.
- The work of the volunteers is unpaid.
- Volunteering is always a matter of choice.
- Volunteering promotes human rights and equality.
- Volunteering respects the rights, dignity and culture of all people.
- Volunteering is a legitimate way in which citizens can participate in the activities of their society.
- Volunteering is the only way in which individuals or groups can express human, environmental and social needs.
- Volunteering is an activity that is only achieved in non-profit context.
- Volunteering is not a substitute for paid work.
- Volunteers do not replace paid employees and do not pose a threat to their job security.